Network requirements for InformaCast speakers:
- 10/100 Ethernet port with Power over Ethernet (802.3af), Class 2 or 3 (depending on speaker model). LED Signs require PoE+ (802.3at), Class 4.
- DHCP service for IP address assignment
- InformaCast version (5.0.4 or higher) that provides SLP (Service Location Protocol) for configuration file download. Optionally, TFTP may be used for download. TFTP server address must be provided in DHCP scope Option 66 (Gen 3 speakers) or Option 150 (Gen 2 speakers).
- Speaker must be able to communicate with the InformaCast server using Multicast address 188.8.131.52, port 427
- Speaker must be able to communicate with the InformaCast server using the server’s IP address and TCP port 8081 (default port). Port can be changed in InformaCast configuration.
- Speaker must be able to receive communication on TCP port 80 and UDP port 437 for the IP address assigned to the speaker. Additionally, any Multicast addresses assigned in the InformaCast server must be received by the speaker.
View the InformaCast Quick Start Guide from Valcom for more information.